Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: Slater's Video

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009
      We can try making our own.

      Since the magic is in the wick, melting the wax off the wick and casting a
      new candle, perhaps with multiple trick wicks since they are designed for a
      slim candle, is worth trying.

      David

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009
        I wonder if the answer is to make our own wicks using magnesium filings. We could roll our
        own magnesium wicks by dipping normal wick material in molten wax which is saturated
        with fine magnesium filings. Hmm.

        This sort of thing tends to keep me awake all night!

        Regards,
        Don
      • Len Phillips
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009
          Hey you guys/gals .... The aussie is still here but nowhere near as clever
          as you on the Popp pops so I just watch ...

          BUT why reinvent the bloody wheel.. if we have a cheap candle that works
          just use it and get on with it .... I know "clever dicks"

          Have fun
          Pop Pop and sleep well .

          Len ( the aussie )

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2009
            Hi Lee,

            Australia!? Visiting Australia is on my "bucket list". I hope you are able to endure the heat
            for now. I'm afraid to ask about the fire situation.

            Take care,
            Don
          • Len Phillips
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 6, 2009
              No fires near me just water .....

              Anytime just come and have fun and bring your pop pop ...

              Len