Re: E-Mail from our E-Steamed Member Pete Baker

  • northriver07
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
      Good morning,

      a scale of the finished product in a CAD design isn't a big issue.
      Everything is drawn 1:1. From tha model you can create drawings of
      any scale. The computer does all the scaling for the drawing.

      If I draw the North River at 150' in CAD the drawings outputted will
      be scaled to fit the drawing sheet. the dimensions will reflect the
      150' model.

      Let say I want to build a finished scale model that is 15' long. I
      copy my original file for the 150' model and rename. I then tell the
      computer to take the 150' model and divide by 10. The new file now
      has a 15' model. The drawings outputted will be scaled to fit the
      drawing sheet. the dimensions will reflect the 15' model.

      I can likewise do the same for my 3/8" = 1' scale model. I think
      that you are looking at 3/8 scale as 3/8 x 150'. See the modelers
      scale sheet under files.

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Frank McNeill