Re: Pop-Pop Steamboats membership

  • Richard Mundy
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 12, 2009
      Hi David,
      I am still a bit new at this. I have played around with pop pops some
      time ago but never got into the theory until now and there is a long
      way to go, its a long time since I did physics! The attraction of the
      pop pop is its utter simplicity, and the Newcomen does not need high
      pressure steam.
      I doubt either engine will ever change the world but it looks like
      fun trying.
      Dick

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny"
      <dh1@...> wrote:

> [...]
    • Richard Mundy
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 12, 2009
        Hi Pete,
        thanks for this link, I followed it up and joined.
        This will be incredibly useful from the engineering side. The area of
        experiment is narrowing down to the pop pop and the Newcomen.
        I haven't started cutting metal yet, but I intend starting with some
        established pop pop designs.
        Glad you liked the dog cart page.
        Dick