Re: Pop-Pop Steamboats membership

    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 10, 2009

      Here's a link to the Little Engine Group.

      Perhap you will find some additional ideas for projects or a design of your own.

      Pete

      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 12, 2009
        Hi David,
        I am still a bit new at this. I have played around with pop pops some
        time ago but never got into the theory until now and there is a long
        way to go, its a long time since I did physics! The attraction of the
        pop pop is its utter simplicity, and the Newcomen does not need high
        pressure steam.
        I doubt either engine will ever change the world but it looks like
        fun trying.
        Dick

        <dh1@...> wrote:

> [...]
      • Richard Mundy
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 12, 2009
          Hi Pete,
          thanks for this link, I followed it up and joined.
          This will be incredibly useful from the engineering side. The area of
          experiment is narrowing down to the pop pop and the Newcomen.
          I haven't started cutting metal yet, but I intend starting with some
          established pop pop designs.
          Glad you liked the dog cart page.
          Dick