Re: Rapid Prototyping Systems

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2008

      Frank,

      A great technology! Our son worked as a research assistant in the 3D printing Lab at MIT as part of his Masters program. I have personally used 3D printing/rapid prototyping on several projects at work. It changes the way we build out prototypes. I have more info and links that I will add later for those who might be interested. The use of R/P is discussed with frequency in the ModelersCad Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ModelersCad/

      Here is a link to an "affordable" system: http://www.desktopfactory.com/

      I have a copy of this model, "The Hagia Sophia", a Christian Church in Istanbul. Our son worked on this particular piece while at MIT. The model is approx 2" sq x 1" high. 3D printing has come a long way in a few short years.

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

      regards,

      PRB