Re: Thanks for all the welcomes.

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2008
      Pete,

      Thanks for the good suggestions. I guess keeping plans is not a big
      priority for me as I avoid doing the same thing twice, the finished
      project is usually quite a bit different than the original
      sketch/plan and I have the finished boat/engine to take measurements
      from if I do want to do it again along with a materials list. I am
      happy to do that for any one who wanted details on any particular
      engine.

      A barrel design for your boat could be a good choice. I have found
      them easy to build and generally reliable particularly with 4 tubes.
      Duel engines are worth considering if you have the room but you do
      have to plan ahead a bit more. I'm assuming Clermont refers to a
      scale model of a specific boat.

      One of my more unusual boats is in the photos now.

      Daryl

      -- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B." <georgeyyy@...>
      wrote:

      > Daryl,
      >
      > I don't have any particular questions at this time. I have a Pop-Pop
      > CLERMONT steamboat on the back burner right now. Briefly,
      >
      > * it will be approximately 16" long * it will be all light
      copper
      > and/or brass sheet * thinking small barrel type boiler (yours
      look
      > interesting) * trying to integrate the engine inlet & outlet in a
      > rectangular brass tube keel * should it not live up to
      expectations
      > it will become a static display
      >
      > Fulton Steam Engine Project has priority at present. It's mentioned
      > elsewhere in POP-POP-STEAMBOATS. More on this one as it progresses.
      Our
      > member in Maryland has most of the prototype gear train and linkage
      > machines. See animation in "FILES". It digitally verifies diameters
      and
      > spacing.
      >
      > RE: Your designs; keep those pencil sketches! Nice designs for use
      by
      > other members, especially those who go from the basics to the more
      > advanced. If you can scan images they could be posted. I could
      redraw in
      > CAD and make PDF files to post. Just a thought!
      >
      > Pete
      >

      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "darylcanada73"
      > <darylcanada73@> wrote:

      > > Pete.............I draw the plans in pencil on my work bench.
      They are