Steam powered airplanes

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 5:04 PM

      I finally found that picture of a steam-powered
      airplane for aeromodeller. Several hundred planes of
      this type were sold as army surplus after the civil
      war. The picture shows a barnstormer who is probably
      trying to draw a crowd just before landing to sell
      airplane rides.
      Some planes were used by commercial laundries. Clothes
      dryers hadn't been invented, so laundrymen would hang
      wet laundry on the rigging of these planes and fly
      around a while until it was dry.

      best wishes, old Frank

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 2:57 AM
        You should be ashamed of yourself old Frank for making up
        B/S like that. Go to: http://tinyurl.com/peh6v for true stuff
        next time, doppelfrank

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Frank McNeill