Re: If you are reading this.....

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
      Another welcome Daryl,

      I used your photo of a boat with coiled tube boilers for a new home
      page picture. Is this the 40 inch long boat mentioned in your message
      of introduction to the group?

      Frank McNeill

      > Welcome Daryl,
      >
      > I viewed you photo. That's an impressive Pop-Pop! Do you have note and
      > photos on its construction? Do you have other boat and engines that you
      > can share with the group?
      >
      > Check out Dan Noyes and his barrel engines...
      >
      > More later.
      >
      > Pete Baker
      >

      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "darylcanada73"
      > <darylcanada73@> wrote:
      > >
      > > .....then I'm a new member. I have been building putt putt motors and
      > > boats for about three years now. Have not found many others building
      > > boats to go with their motors other than clever people using Slater's
      > > great designs and other smallish boats. My largest is 40 in. long with
      > > two engines. So if you are building your own design motors and boats
      > in
      > > a bit larger scale let's compare notes.
      > >
      > > Also a Hi to Slater, Jean-Yves and Ken.

    • Jean-Yves Renaud
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
        I hope that your wonderful boats and engines will involve some
        revitalization of the pop-pop steamboat activity because sometimes (in
        spite of the efforts of Franck and Pete) we are far from the subject.
        New blood like yours is needed.
        Jean-Yves

        <darylcanada73@...> wrote:

        > .....then I'm a new member. I have been building putt putt motors and
        > boats for about three years now. Have not found many others building
        > boats to go with their motors other than clever people using Slater's
        > great designs and other smallish boats. My largest is 40 in. long
        with
        > two engines. So if you are building your own design motors and boats
        in
        > a bit larger scale let's compare notes.
        >
        > Also a Hi to Slater, Jean-Yves and Ken.

      • Slater Harrison
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
          Hey Daryl,

          Show 'em that huge double engine boat! Is there a limit on file attachment size? Maybe cut the video length down a bit or get it on YouTube.

          Slater