Re: If you are reading this.....

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
      Welcome Daryl,

      I viewed you photo. That's an impressive Pop-Pop! Do you have note and
      photos on its construction? Do you have other boat and engines that you
      can share with the group?

      Check out Dan Noyes and his barrel engines...

      More later.

      Pete Baker

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "darylcanada73"

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
        Another welcome Daryl,

        I used your photo of a boat with coiled tube boilers for a new home
        page picture. Is this the 40 inch long boat mentioned in your message
        of introduction to the group?

        Frank McNeill

        > Welcome Daryl,
        >
        > I viewed you photo. That's an impressive Pop-Pop! Do you have note and
        > photos on its construction? Do you have other boat and engines that you
        > can share with the group?
        >
        > Check out Dan Noyes and his barrel engines...
        >
        > More later.
        >
        > Pete Baker
        >

        > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "darylcanada73"
        > <darylcanada73@> wrote:
        > >
        > > .....then I'm a new member. I have been building putt putt motors and
        > > boats for about three years now. Have not found many others building
        > > boats to go with their motors other than clever people using Slater's
        > > great designs and other smallish boats. My largest is 40 in. long with
        > > two engines. So if you are building your own design motors and boats
        > in
        > > a bit larger scale let's compare notes.
        > >
        > > Also a Hi to Slater, Jean-Yves and Ken.

      • Jean-Yves Renaud
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
          I hope that your wonderful boats and engines will involve some
          revitalization of the pop-pop steamboat activity because sometimes (in
          spite of the efforts of Franck and Pete) we are far from the subject.
          New blood like yours is needed.
          Jean-Yves

          <darylcanada73@...> wrote:

          > .....then I'm a new member. I have been building putt putt motors and
          > boats for about three years now. Have not found many others building
          > boats to go with their motors other than clever people using Slater's
          > great designs and other smallish boats. My largest is 40 in. long
          with
          > two engines. So if you are building your own design motors and boats
          in
          > a bit larger scale let's compare notes.
          >
          > Also a Hi to Slater, Jean-Yves and Ken.

        • Slater Harrison
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
            Hey Daryl,

            Show 'em that huge double engine boat! Is there a limit on file attachment size? Maybe cut the video length down a bit or get it on YouTube.

            Slater