Re: Welcome new members...ALL

  • lordbthry
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2008
      The 2nd design is very nice. Are the valves operated with sliding
      magnets? And do you have a working model already?

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2008
        The second design would use an R/C servo to move two permanent
        magnets. There are no models workingâ€" or non-working.
        If I tried to develop a model, it would be based on the first design,
        using damper plates to control heat distribution to the ends of a
        reversible duplex coil engine. the tricky part would be in finding a
        heat source that would keep both ends operating when the damper plates
        were centered and provide quick responses when the plates were tilted
        in either direction.
        Developing a model based on the second design would be more difficult
        because of all the interactive variable factors that would have to
        come together to make it workâ€" somewhat like opening a can of worms
        and expecting them to crawl in the same direction as ranks and files
        the first time out.

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "lordbthry" <lordbthry@...>