Re: Hello, I'm new here

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
      Ken,

      I placed your metal put-put/Pop-pop on our homepage. It should get
      people's interest going again. It shows what can be done with a
      little imagination and an existing design. Let us know how uoy do
      with your rudder control.

      THX,

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Laninga"
      <kenstick@...> wrote:

      > Hello, group; after seeing Put-Put Boats on the Discovery Channel
      recently, I got instantly addicted and have built a "whole fleet" of
      them so far, moving from the "milk-carton" type to my own design in
      thin aluminum. Your comments would be much appreciated; here is the
      Rest of the Story:
      > http://www.sticksite.com/putputboat/index.html
      > and
      > http://www.sticksite.com/putputboat/metal-boat.html
      >

      > *************
      > http://www.sticksite.com/
      > blog: http://www.sticksite.com/blog/
      > Ken Laninga: antique
      > (prefers to be known as a "Collectible")

    • Ken Laninga
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
        Fine, Pete. I did find some good aluminum, finally, but am still
        looking for radio control for the rudder.
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 31, 2008
          Hi Ken and all,

          Trend Times has a catalog at <http://www.trendtimes.com/index.html>
          with "The Hottest Products For The Coolest People," which include a
          lot of small and relatively cheap toy cars, trucks, tanks, planes,
          helicopters, boats and submarines equipped for either radio, or
          infrared control.
          I posted this because of the possibility that some of this stuff could
          be hacked to provide a remote control system for a pop-pop boat.

          Best wishes, old Frank