There are thirty-seven of us now

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
      thecrystalze and aeromodeller joined us today.
      thecrystalze is a member of the ironclads group who
      thinks pop-pop boats sound like fun and aeromodeller
      is a long time modeler interested in anything that
      moves and can be built. He has built complex
      steamboats but likes to work on smaller projects and
      fly free flight and R/C planes, both inside and out,
      If aeromodeller done this, he should get acquainted
      with Graham McAllister moderator of the
      AllScaleModelSailboats and owner of Graham McAllister
      designs at: http://www.mcallisterdesigns.com/. I was
      Graham's first member on AllScaleModelSailboats and
      Graham returned the favor by becoming my first member
      on pop-pop-steamboats.
      Before learning that there were two new members
      instead of one, I sent an e-mail note to Toby Barrett,
      moderator of the ironclads group to ask for his
      permission to use the picture currently displayed on
      our home page. Toby replied that it would be okay if I
      used the picture for my stated purpose so I will
      delete it tomorrow and look for a picture of a steam
      powered airplane to post on the home page for
      aeromodeller.
      The paper kit of the North River Pete mentioned can be
      seen at: http://www.papermodeler.com/Clermont.htm most
      likely, because it's the most accurate one I know of.

      best wishes to all, old Frank

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • northriver07
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006

        Welcome aboard everyone!

        RE: the paper model

        The link that Frank has posted in his message appears to be the better of the two that I am aware of. The kit that I have is from the German co. Schreiber-Bogen http://www.schreiber-bogen.de/ . I bought it last year B4 finding Frank's link "papermodeler".

        I believe that either paper kit will work for our purposes.

        Pete