Re: Moving right along at a warp speed of four miles per hour?

  • northriver07
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
      Morning all!

      My wife and I will be heading down to where the skeleton of the
      North River lies. The Hudson River Maritime Museum is holding a
      Steamboat meet AUG 5th & 6th. We're going to meet Carl Krieges kotte
      his wife & steam launch.

      This week I made contact with the president of the Rumseian Society.
      It's a group in Shepardstown, WV that is to James Rumsey as the
      Saugerties Fulton Steamboat Foundation is/was to Fulton. They built
      a replica of Rumsey's steamboat that plied the waters of the Patomac
      back in 1787. They are scheduled to bring their boat to the Clermont
      Celebration on the Hudson next year.

      I just rec'd an E-mail saying that Nick Blanton & Jay Hurley are
      planning to come up from WV to the HRMM steamboat meet this weekend
      to meet Carl & me. The fellowship amongst the steamboaters is simply
      amazing! I have lterally heard from people from all over the world
      who have expressed interest in the North River Project.

      RE: The pop-pop North River. I have to track down my paper model kit
      of the North River. It somehow got misplaced. At your suggestion I
      will use it for a template for the tin version.

      WATCH FOR MORE!

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Frank McNeill