Letting off a little steam in either, or both, of two directions

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007

      I should have added this sketch to the home page while the discussion
      of coffee makers and percolators was still brewing. The idea would be
      to use permanent magnets to lift a pair of pivoted plates, so the
      other plates would act as check valves to provide unidirectional flow
      through a rectangular conduit. A servo would be used to move the
      magnets to positions that would provide forward, reverse and neutral
      propulsion.

      old Frank