Moving right along at a warp speed of four miles per hour—

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      I gave up trying to find out what happened to the
      North River replica of 1909 and decided to combine the
      next two images in Pete Baker's North River photos
      album to make up for lost time.
      One image is described as a Clermont line drawing 2D
      sketch extracted from an Ideal Toy Company
      instruction sheet and the other images is described as
      a KeyCreator CAD rendering, 3D Solids Model of the
      Ideal Toy Company's plastic model of the North River
      Steamboat's Propulsion System.
      I hope members who ordinarily rely on e-mail will
      visit the group each night for a while to see images
      of models and notions related to a possible project
      for developing small North River models that could be
      produced and sold to provide some of the funding Pete
      Baker needs to build a 3/8 replica of 2009.
      Suggestions can be posted to the group, mailed to Pete
      Baker or to old Frank at: < frankmcneilll@... >.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Craig Harder
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        I did not I repeat I did not take it.
        Craig
        Wasn't cause I didn't think about it!

        On 8/1/06, Frank McNeill <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:
        > I gave up trying to find out what happened to the
        > North River replica of 1909 and decided to combine the
        > next two images in Pete Baker's North River photos
        > album to make up for lost time.
        > One image is described as a Clermont line drawing 2D
        > sketch extracted from an Ideal Toy Company
        > instruction sheet and the other images is described as
        > a KeyCreator CAD rendering, 3D Solids Model of the
        > Ideal Toy Company's plastic model of the North River
        > Steamboat's Propulsion System.
        > I hope members who ordinarily rely on e-mail will
        > visit the group each night for a while to see images
        > of models and notions related to a possible project
        > for developing small North River models that could be
        > produced and sold to provide some of the funding Pete
        > Baker needs to build a 3/8 replica of 2009.
        > Suggestions can be posted to the group, mailed to Pete
        > Baker or to old Frank at: < frankmcneilll@... >.

      • northriver07
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2006
          Morning all!

          My wife and I will be heading down to where the skeleton of the
          North River lies. The Hudson River Maritime Museum is holding a
          Steamboat meet AUG 5th & 6th. We're going to meet Carl Krieges kotte
          his wife & steam launch.

          This week I made contact with the president of the Rumseian Society.
          It's a group in Shepardstown, WV that is to James Rumsey as the
          Saugerties Fulton Steamboat Foundation is/was to Fulton. They built
          a replica of Rumsey's steamboat that plied the waters of the Patomac
          back in 1787. They are scheduled to bring their boat to the Clermont
          Celebration on the Hudson next year.

          I just rec'd an E-mail saying that Nick Blanton & Jay Hurley are
          planning to come up from WV to the HRMM steamboat meet this weekend
          to meet Carl & me. The fellowship amongst the steamboaters is simply
          amazing! I have lterally heard from people from all over the world
          who have expressed interest in the North River Project.

          RE: The pop-pop North River. I have to track down my paper model kit
          of the North River. It somehow got misplaced. At your suggestion I
          will use it for a template for the tin version.

          WATCH FOR MORE!

          Pete

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Frank McNeill