Museum Model - The 1808 version of the North River

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
      I just rec'd a CD with 20 photos and the research papers of Fred
      Aeshbacher's model of the 1808 version of Robert Fulton's North River.
      It's the only model that I have found of the larger, more luxurious
      1808 version of the Steamboat.

      Fred and I have been corresponding via snail mail. Fred is an active 96
      years young. He is very interested in my project(s). He has sent me 1/2
      scale copies of his original drawings and has offered me a full scale
      set.

      The model & research papers are located at the Fulton Birthplace Museum
      in Lancaster County, PA. The model is 1/48 scale or approximately 37"
      long.

      I hope that you appreciate Fred's work as much as I do. ENJOY

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2007
        Persistence, your real name must be "Pete Baker."

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2007

          Hi Frank,

          Call it the love of a challenge, research or just plain stubborn! You can meet lots of interesting folks along the way.

          I have rec'd support from several sources in my quest of North River details. Pop-Pops is an interesting trailer.

          Regards,

          PS: Xavier, Check with Dan Noyes. He has a couple of engine designs used in larger boats.