796Re: New member

    Mar 19, 2007

      David,

      WELCOME! I'm glad that you are already getting info from our group. We have a lot of talent with  a lot of information to share. We go off on tangents occasionally but the focus is on building a better pop-pop, whether it be paper, milk carton, plastic, metal or anything we might come up with. The large engines add a whole new dimension to our "game". Please keep us apprised of your projects once you get back into your experimentations.

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dmb06851@...> wrote:

      > I received an invitation to join the group from Pete (North River 07).
      >
      > I have started reading the messages to get a feeling for what's been
      > going on and so far am about a quarter way through.
      >
      > I've made two pop-pops. The first can be seen here.
      > <http://www.davidbridgen.com/videoclips.htm> I was pleasantly
      > surprised at the speed. The throbbing in the background is from the
      > bathroom's ventilation fan, not the boat!
      >
      > The second has a hull about twice the size in which I started trying the
      > same design of basic engine but of different sizes. Not much came out
      > of that experiment and I haven't done anything with it for a couple of
      > years or so. Now that I'm retired and almost unpacked after a house
      > move it's amongst the list of things I want to get back to.
      >
      > I wonder if I could make a really BIG motor and stick it in an old
      > galvanised bath tub and go popping along the canal .....
      >
      > My regards to everyone.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic