789Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] New member

    Mar 17, 2007
      From: "David Bridgen" <dmb06851@...>
      To: <pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:50 PM
      Subject: Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] New member

      > Hello David and good evening.
      >
      > I was using Esbit fuel in that video clip. The only other I tried was
      > one of those small squat candles often used beneath plate-warmers and
      > also seen nowadays in churches where people leave candles for whatever
      > purpose they leave candles for.

      Thanks.

      My Holy Grail is a burner that when immersed in water goes out instantly
      without leaving any residue in the water that might stain or taint. So far,
      the little candles are my best shot.

      David 1/2d
      Derby

      (When I went up to the University, I was rostered to light the candles in
      the ancient college chapel. I was very anxious about this and asked the
      chaplain about their significance. "To light up the chapel" he said
      cheerfully, "it'll be dark by Evening Prayer". Went back there last
      Saturday with No4 Sprog. It was as though I'd only been away a week.)
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic