455Re: MILK CARTON PUTT-PUTT BOAT

    Jan 1, 2007

      Hi Frank,

      I came across the Shoe Boat. That guy has a mind like yours. If it looks like a boat and floats like a boat it must be a boat!

      Membership seems to have jumped in leap and bounds! Many of the new members are "senior" wanting to get reaquainted with their past or to aquaint the kids or grandkids with a real live steamboat. Good for you!. I hope that it makes you proud.

      That "Science Toymaakers Website and DUCKWORKS are both great resources. I've uploaded files and made links to both sites. I particularly like this wooden boat:

      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/03/r/articles/steamer/index.htm

      It's an easy design that give some flexibility in shape etc. The heatshield is a nice touch. I've pasted into a WORD DOC and then converted to a PDF to download to the File Folder "Pop-Pop Plans".

      ENJOY,

      > Hi Pete,
      >
      > Here's something else for anybody who doesn't have an empty milk
      > carton, go to <http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/g_e_flogel.htm> to
      > find out how to use one of your old wooden shoes instead. :-)
      >

      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B." georgeyyy@
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > To all wanting to build a putt-putt (pop-pop) with your kids or
      > > grandkids,
      > >
      > > This link leads to a little steamboat made out of common every day
      > > materials. It just may be a project to work on with the kids in your
      > > life.
      > >
      > > http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/asembCartonl.html
      > > <http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/asembCartonl.html>
      > >
      > > I'm sure that our group would be interested in seeing the results.
      > > Please post photos should you decide to take the little boat on as a
      > > project.
      > >
      > > Pete
      > >
      > > PS: I will also post in "LINKS"

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic