3209Re: Small RC pop-pop boat video

    Mar 16, 2013
      Hi Kenneth,

      I am a retired Mechanical CAD Designer with 25 years of CAD experience on several different packages. I used Cadkey/Keycreator since 1994. In 2009 I learned Solidworks but took a voluntary layoff in 2010. I never got really proficient with it. Last year I was contacted by a friend who designs steam engines he as a project that he bid on in Michigan. He asked me if I would do the CAD work for him. I can't afford the $5K for Keycreator or the over $10K for Solidworks. I have been looking at Alibre Design Professional. It sells for $2300 but includes a $400 annual maintenance contract. They sent a trial copy to me to use for a month. It seems quite impressive. Thursday they called and offered the package to me for under $2K. I'm between a rock and a hard place because the contract hasn't been awarded yet. Retirement is so much fun!

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, <kenneth@...> wrote:
      > Regarding "... when looking for CAD software ..." -
      > the free '123D Design' software was recently dicovered here.
      > It looks terrific for free.
      > What CAD options have you found?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic