      From: zoomkat <Zoomkat@...>
      Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: Where can I find boiler plans and instructions?
      To: pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:13 PM

      Daryl posted the below plans for an engine type that works well. Also a youtube of the large Indian engines. Bottom link has a picture of a large german boat that appears to have somewhat large boilers.

      http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/about29385.html
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvOoorHbo_w
      http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/pop-pop/

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "TomM" <btpd016@...> wrote:

      > I would like to make my own boilers, other than the coiled copper tubing method, for some pop pop boats. Are there any sources online that provide templates? What are the dimensions for a boiler? How thin should the brass sheet for the popping effect be; is .005 too thick? Do I need to make the brass concave before soldering it to the other copper part? What else do I need to know about making one?!
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tom

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic