2116Re: simple phlat boat design

    Jan 26, 2010
      Success!
      CSS Albemarle cardstock plans have been added to files section.

      Cautiously downloaded software that could open a .rar file. I extracted the zipped files and then combined into a single 6 page set of plans with free PDF software.

      Home page photo was cut and pasted from plans.

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneilll" <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

      > Hi Don & Marsha, Pete and All,
      >
      > I may have added plans for the card stock model shown as the home page picture. It was designed by Magnus Mørk, a talented designer who posted free models of several civil war era ships on the Google discussion group, Papermodels II prior to his death last year.
      > Look in the files section for a file titled CSS ALBEMARLE.rar and convert it to a pdf file if you can, because my macintosh is not able to open stuffed Microsoft stuff.
      >
      > Best wishes, old Frank
      >
      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <georgeyyy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Don,
      > >
      > > Thanks. I ran across that name before during my many searches. I may even have the site linked to my favorites. Looks like a place to put put on a "to visit" list.
      > >
      > > Pete
      > >
      > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Don & Marsha Munsey Jr" <dmunseyjr@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > My Friends,
      > > >

      > > > A sister ship to the CSS Albemarle, the CSS Neuse, is preserved to this day
      > > > in Kinston, NC.
      > > >

      > > > Here are a couple of links for the park & the association that preserved the
      > > > ship. The last time I was there, the gift shop had ¼" to the foot scale
      > > > drawings of the ship for sale.
      > > >

      > > > http://www.nchistoricsites.org/neuse/neuse.htm
      > > >

      > > > http://www.cssneuse.net/
      > > >

      > > > Enjoy!
      > > >

      > > > Donald E. Munsey, Jr. dmunseyjr@
      > > >
      > > > S/Sn42, Hn42 & Hn16 - Appalachian river logging modeler
      > > >
      > > > Virginian Railway and Big Sandy & Cumberland Railroad fan
      > > >
      > > > Living in UpperRightCorner of Louisiana
      > > >
      > > > CopperSmith & Bonsai enthusiast
      > > >

      > > > NOT sent from a Blackberry (or any other fruity device) - I can't afford
      > > > one!

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic