2114Re: simple phlat boat design

    Jan 26, 2010
      Hi Don & Marsha, Pete and All,

      I may have added plans for the card stock model shown as the home page picture. It was designed by Magnus Mørk, a talented designer who posted free models of several civil war era ships on the Google discussion group, Papermodels II prior to his death last year.
      Look in the files section for a file titled CSS ALBEMARLE.rar and convert it to a pdf file if you can, because my macintosh is not able to open stuffed Microsoft stuff.

      Best wishes, old Frank

      > Don,
      >
      > Thanks. I ran across that name before during my many searches. I may even have the site linked to my favorites. Looks like a place to put put on a "to visit" list.
      >
      > Pete
      >
      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Don & Marsha Munsey Jr" <dmunseyjr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My Friends,
      > >

      > > A sister ship to the CSS Albemarle, the CSS Neuse, is preserved to this day
      > > in Kinston, NC.
      > >

      > > Here are a couple of links for the park & the association that preserved the
      > > ship. The last time I was there, the gift shop had ¼" to the foot scale
      > > drawings of the ship for sale.
      > >

      > > http://www.nchistoricsites.org/neuse/neuse.htm
      > >

      > > http://www.cssneuse.net/
      > >

      > > Enjoy!
      > >

      > > Donald E. Munsey, Jr. dmunseyjr@
      > >
      > > S/Sn42, Hn42 & Hn16 - Appalachian river logging modeler
      > >
      > > Virginian Railway and Big Sandy & Cumberland Railroad fan
      > >
      > > Living in UpperRightCorner of Louisiana
      > >
      > > CopperSmith & Bonsai enthusiast
      > >

      > > NOT sent from a Blackberry (or any other fruity device) - I can't afford
      > > one!

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic