1719Re: New member. Advice on number of coils please.

  • jeanyves_renaud
    Sep 2, 2009
      Hi Tim and Zoomkat,
      1°) Be careful when you bid on Ebay to get pop-pop boats. Many of them are sold at prices that are very high. Such prices could be justified for collectors, not for new stuff.
      Before bidding on Ebay, check the normal market prices on shops such as the one indicated (As far as I have seen, in this shop they have decent prices.)
      If you want to buy quantities, you also have to know that the prices are very cheap in the countries where most of these boats are built (India, Pakistan…). For instance, in India my son bought one of the pop-pop boats proposed at $5 on www.spacetin... (commonly sold €7 in Europe, i.e. $10.6). He got it for 20 cents of €uro without bargaining (!).
      2°) It is more fun to build such things by yourself, and no need of sophisticated and expansive tools or materials to start. See for example Slater's boats at www.sciencetoymaker.org

      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "epikflyer" <epikflyer@> wrote:
      >
      > > Also I found on Ebay some one had 3 putt putt motors for sale. I got my wife to put in a bid and we won them! Life is good! I will need to think of some nice hull design to try them in.
      >
      > You can get boat engines at the below site:
      >
      > http://www.spacetin.com/navigation_bars/Boats.html

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic