1166Re: Pop-Pop Steamboats membership

    Jan 2, 2009
      Hi Dick,

      Welcome to the group.

      Go to <http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/pop-pop/#payne> for information
      about the use of pop-pop engines in full-sized boats. For in-between
      sized boats, go to our Photos section to check out the albums, dory
      pop pop By: danoyes1, Large pop-pop boats By: jeanyves_renaud and putt
      putts By: darylcanada73 which indicate the possibility for using large
      or multiple coil type engines to propel a dory, skiff or canoe. Don't
      go too far up that infamous creek without a paddle though!

      Best wishes, Frank

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Mundy"
      <coracles18@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > Just joined this group, some years ago I made several engines of
      > varous types and mounted them in cut down cans (I had not the
      > patience to build the hulls) all worked, but the most fun was large
      > and made of welded steel. This I powered by a gas blowlamp and
      > mounted in a square biscuit tin. Performace was very poor but it
      > galumphed around my bath in a very satisfying manner.
      >
      > I am totally amazed by some of the boats and engines in the group and
      > am inspired to carry on experimenting. My ultimate objective would be
      > to power a canoe but I guess might not be practical!
      >
      > I live in Essex in the UK.
      > Dick
      >

      > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete B." <georgeyyy@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Good morning & Happy New Year!
      > >
      > > Welcome... members new and established.
      > >
      > > I hope that you find/continue to find our group both interesting and
      > > informative. Experience and knowledge runs from beginners to
      > > "professionals".
      > >
      > > Please write a little something about yourself, your interests and
      > post
      > > on our message board.
      > >
      > > P.R.Baker

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic