1124Re: Welcome new members...ALL

    Jun 12, 2008
      The second design would use an R/C servo to move two permanent
      magnets. There are no models workingâ€" or non-working.
      If I tried to develop a model, it would be based on the first design,
      using damper plates to control heat distribution to the ends of a
      reversible duplex coil engine. the tricky part would be in finding a
      heat source that would keep both ends operating when the damper plates
      were centered and provide quick responses when the plates were tilted
      in either direction.
      Developing a model based on the second design would be more difficult
      because of all the interactive variable factors that would have to
      come together to make it workâ€" somewhat like opening a can of worms
      and expecting them to crawl in the same direction as ranks and files
      the first time out.

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "lordbthry" <lordbthry@...>
      > The 2nd design is very nice. Are the valves operated with sliding
      > magnets? And do you have a working model already?
      > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Paul M,
      > >
      > > Look inside a folder titled Frankenstuff in the files section for
      > > sketches that might be used as the basis for developing R/C 'pufpaf'
      > > engines.
      > >
      > > Best wishes, Frank

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic