1064Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Our new members

    Nov 30, 2007
      Frank McNeill wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > We have four new members who were "tricked" into joining our motley
      > crew by a message that I posted on the Yahoo discussion group,
      > LittleEngines at <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleEngines/>.
      > In the alphabetical order of their Yahoo IDs, our new members are:
      > brian458666, gpomier, rogerkrahl and silntobsvr
      > Thanks. new members for joining us on pop-pop-steamboats, and best
      > wishes to all.
      >
      > old Frank (a great grandfather since 10/01/2007)

      I've been interested in Pop-Pop boats for a long time, and always felt
      there was still a biggish hole in the explanations of how the engine
      works -- specifically, how can the steam in the tube cool enough to get
      water back into the hot section, if the hot section stays hot? That is,
      not a question of the reaction effect (the linear vs. hemispheric
      argument seems valid there), but rather of how the engine continues to
      operate indefinitely (pending fuel supply for the burner)...

      I might have to build one out of Pyrex tube sometime so I can see the
      water movement inside...