Fwd: FW: Obama - Ken Blackwell - columnist for the New York Sun

  • MelDav
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2008

      Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the New York Sun

      It's  an amazing time to be alive in America . We're in a year of firsts
      in
      this  presidential election: the first viable woman candidate; the first
      viable
      African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first
      frontrunning
      freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will be a  first.

      We  won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge
      every
      candidate  by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until
      we no
      longer talk  about skin color or gender. Now  that Barack Obama steps to
      the
      front of the Democratic field, we need to stop  talking about his race,
      and
      start talking about his policies and his  politics.

      The  reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until

      August,  unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the
      frontrunner, and
      its time  America takes a closer and deeper look at him.
      Some  pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's
      the
      next George  McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.
      Because  the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator
      in
      the entire  U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie
      Sanders, or
      Mrs.  Clinton. Never  in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner
      whose
      rhetoric is so far  removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to
      raise
      our taxes, and he  lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and
      he
      lost. Michael Du kakis  promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he lost.

      Yet  Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the

      polls. Why?  Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a
      beauty pageant. Mr.  Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and
      blue, to
      lead the  United S tates of Ame rica . But  let's look at the more
      defined
      strokes of who he is underneath this superficial  "beauty."

      Start  with national security, since the President's most important
      duties
      are as  commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading
      Pakistan, a  nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without
      preconditions
      with Mahmoud  Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another

      Holocaust; and Kim  Jong II, who is murdering and starving his people,
      but emphasized
      that the  nuclear option was off the table against terrorists -
      something no
      president has  ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons
      in the
      1940s. Even  Democrats who have worked in national security condemned
      all of
      those remarks.  Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our
      national
      security at  risk.

      Next,  consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care
      system
      is the  strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by
      Bill
      Clinton as  well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable
      so that
      even people  of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a
      generation
      ago. Yet Mr. O  bama promises to raise taxes on "the rich." How to fix
      Social
      Security? Raise  taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription
      drugs?
      Raise taxes. Free  college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise
      taxes. His
      solution to  everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother
      on
      steroids, funded  by your paycheck.

      Finally,  look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open
      stadium rally by  saying, "All praise and glory to God!" but says that
      Christian
      leaders speaking  for l i fe and marriage have "hijacked" - hijacked -
      Christianity. He is pro-partial  birth abortion, and promises to appoint
      Supreme
      Court justices who will rule any  restriction on it unconstitutional. He
      espouses
      the abortion views of Margaret  Sanger, one of the early advocates of
      racial
      cleansing. Hiis spiritual leaders  endorse homosexual marriage, and he is
      moving
      in that direction. In Illinois ,  he refused to vote against a statewide
      ban
      - ban - on all handguns in the state.  These are radical left, Hollywood
      , and
      San Francisco values, not Middle America  value
      The  real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs.
      Clinton
      is a far  tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't
      start
      looking behind  his veneer and flowery speeches. His vision of "bringing
      America
      together" means  saying that those who disagree with his agenda for
      America are
      hijackers or  warmongers. Uniting the country means adopting his liberal

      agenda and abandoning  any conflicting beliefs.

      But  right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is
      and
      - yes -  they're talking about his race. Those should never be the =
      factors on
      which we  base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical agenda sets
      him
      far  outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs.  Clinton.

      It's  time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of
      firsts,
      let's first  make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our
      president
      in a nuclear  age during a global civilizational war.
      =20
      ____________________________________

      Subject: Kind of scary,  wouldn't you think
      Remember--God is good, and  is in time, on time--every time

      According to The Book of  Revelations the anti-christ is:
      The anti-christ will be a  man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will
      deceive the nations with persuasive  language, and have a MASSIVE
      Christ-like
      appeal....the prophecy says that people  will flock to him and he will
      promise
      false hope and world peace, and when he is  in power, will destroy
      everything.
      Is it  OBAMA??
      I STRONGLY URGE each one  of you to repost this as many times as you
      can!
      Each opportunity that you have  to send it to a friend or media
      outlet...do it!

      If you think I am  crazy..Im sorry but I refuse to take a chance on the
      "unknown"  candidate.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2008
        This article is ridiculous. First off not banning handguns isn't a leftist view second of all when working to clean up the chicago neighborhoods he DID use bi partisan help. I find this argument ridiculous and this article repugnant. I am an Illinois native and had him serve as my senator I found that he kept illinois prosperous and feel he could do the same for this country.