Cooling Fan does not run with A/C. Caues Engine light so Can't pass Inspection

  • weslaw2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006
      Hello:

      I have a 99 Sunfire. I have had problems with the colonh fan before.
      I replaced a bad fan a few months ago and all was ok. Recently the
      fan stopped working. I put in a new relay and thaought all was ok but
      now it seems that sometimes the fan goes on when I turn on the A/C and
      sometimes it doesn't. I need to pass inspection this month. The fan
      seems to work when called for to cool the engine (although with the
      north east weather that is not too often now.

      Does anyone know if the A/C relay or any other circuit or relay
      contols when the fan goes on other than the cooling fan relay itself.
      I feel there must be another bad relay or it must be bad/loose wiring
      since it seems to work sometimes and not other times.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated

      Bill