Check engine light

  • green2002sunfire17057
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2005
      Does anyone know why the check engine light would be on for a few days
      then go off. The it comes back on. The car is still running fine. I
      checked the gas cap. Put a new Air filter in. But the light still
      comes on. The car only has 31,000 miles on it and the warrentry is
      out.
    • ~~Big B~~
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2005
        ```````it could be several thing go under the hood and check to
        make sure everythings hoooked up..could be a mass air flow sensor
        or summtin that came loose..have u done anythign performance wise to
        ur car..i have done alot to my car performance wise to modify it and
        make it fast and look hott and my check engine light will be on cuz
        o all the stuff i did.. ur best bet .. next times its on bring it to
        autozone they will hook the computer up to ur car and tell u whats
        wrong FOR FREE so yea thats the best bet instead of guesssing lemme
        know if i helped l8er

        --- In pontiacsunfires@yahoogroups.com, green2002sunfire17057