Problem with Sunfire

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2004
      I have a 1999 Sunfire & I'm having problems with it , & it's really
      pissing me off now. It's getting worse. It shakes when I
      start it every morning. It doesn't want to idle at all. It sputters
      &
      hesitates when I drive it. It doesn't want to even idle at lights.
      Feels like it's going to stall at any minute even in park. According
      to my owner's manual, it's not supposed to have a tune-up until
      100,000 miles. It's a piece of crap at 50,000+ miles. No service
      engine light or any light has come on. I've tried putting that
      carburator cleaning in the tank & I've tried high octane gas. It's
      been to the shop once; they said that the only thing they could
      see wrong was that the fuel filter was dirty & they change it.
      Something is obviously wrong with it. Anyone have any
      suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Lee