performance

  • seamonkey_79
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      I have a 2001 Sunfire 4-door sedan, with the 2.2L engine... I'm trying to get a bit more performance out of the engine, without spending hundreds of dollars... 1st thing I'm looking at is a K&N air filter, mostly because its not too badly priced at ~$35 at the local Auto Zone, and should increase horsepower about 5-10...

      What I'm really curious about are spark plugs. I've done some reading about a new thing, catalytic plugs or some such thing... Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these, and if not, what would be a good set of spark plugs for this engine... the car's not bad, except as soon as anyone is in the car with me, acceleration drops to just about nothing due to weight, and where I drive, that's not good... so I just need a bit more to get up and moving :-)

      If there's anything else that I could get and use that's under about $100 apiece, let me know.

      Thanks a bunch