Check Engine Light - Speed Sensor

  • impell1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2003
      I recently had to take my 99 sunfore in to the dealership because of
      the check engine light going on and periodically the ABS light going
      on. After the lights went on, I found that the car does not
      accelerate beyond 30mph and wont shift out of first gear. The
      speedometer also does not leave 0mph. When I drove it to the
      dealership and had it worked on, they said it was the speed censor
      and had to pretty much dismantle the transmission, replace the censor
      and some other parts, put back together the trans, and then tell me
      it was all fixed. After taking it back to the dealership 1000 miles
      later, for the same problem, they "fixed" it again. And now, 2,000
      miles after the second time it was "fixed", it is doing the same
      thing...wont drive past 30mph.

      Before taking it in to the dealership for the 3rd time, any
      suggestions on what may be the problem? There are 76K miles on the
      car.

      -ji