MANUFACTURER VS DEALERSHIP 30,000 MILES

  • TARA_N_B
    Message 1 of 195 , Jan 4, 2002
      I have a 1999 Sunfire. Pretty soon it will be due
      for the 30,000 mile service. I contacted my
      dealership and was shocked to realize that the price of this
      service is $300+. I think this is a bit excessive. I have
      heard that there is a difference between "manufacture
      recommended" service and "dealership recommended" service at
      the 30,000 mile point.<br><br>I have heard that to
      have my warranty still valid (its for 65,000 miles)
      that I need to have at least the Manufacture
      recommended services. That the Dealerships often add other
      services that are not 100% necessary. Does anyone know if
      this is correct? Where can I find the manufacture
      suggested service at this mileage?
    • xxpunkadellicxx
      Message 195 of 195 , Jun 19, 2002
        --- In pontiacsunfires@y..., jim38325 wrote:
        dunno. I have a little over 94,000 on mine.
        ]