  • Goddess Ninmah
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011

      Tantra is a beautiful way to heal wounded sexuality and give you back
      your body and your life. It combines the ancient spiritual arts of
      sacred connection to yourself and others, gleaned from the wisdom
      traditions of many paths, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Sufism and
      Native American spirituality. Using deep and intentional breathing,
      imagery and movement, tantra moves the kundalini or vital life force
      (prana) through the chakras, opening and energizing them, bringing you
      home to yourself.

      I began Tantra quite "by accident" during a time when I was most
      disgruntled with my sexuality, feeling so little pleasure I didn't care
      if I ever made love again. When a friend gifted me a 7 day workshop in
      Hawaii, I thought only of sun, beaches and time to laze around. When it
      struck me I was in a workshop on sexuality, I thought "Oh, my God, what
      have I done now?"

      Those 7 days changed my life forever. I learned my body is my own, I can
      set boundaries and allow only touch I desire, and I can feel desire and
      passion even without a partner. That week restored my holy relationship
      with myself. I learned that this body I'd given away so often, trading
      sex for love, was actually designed to give me pleasure and fulfillment
      in ways that could bring me to the Goddess within.

      Tantra opens and activates the chakras and, by moving sexual energy
      through them, brings up whatever blocks true passion. My workshop
      leaders and dakinis (assistants who come to support sexual healing)
      created a sacred temple in which I felt safe to explore the pain of
      being sexually violated as a child, breathing through it to the pleasure
      beneath. In the exercises I could explode in rage, shake out the blocks,
      and reclaim a body ravaged by incest and years of reenactment through
      casual sex. It was amazing to be so accepted with all of my pain,
      respected and supported for my deep commitment to heal.

      Even when the memories were the worst and I needed to be celibate,
      Tantra gave me a way to recreate my sexuality and enjoy the movement of
      orgasmic energy through my healing tissues. When I could make love, the
      practices guided me to connect my heart with my yoni (genitals) and
      enjoy a full-bodied extended orgasmic play far more fulfilling than any
      sexuality of my former, active life.

      Now I find I can make love in hundreds of ways: through breathing alone
      with the full moon, running energy with the Goddess in the shower,
      touching hands on heart with my beloved and simply breathing love into
      each other, or through full, deep sexual exchange. Tantra adds the
      spiritual component so making love feels like worship and I feel like a
      Goddess being honored. Such a change. My body is now a temple and I
      enjoy life within it.

      Evalena Rose is the keynote speaker and puja master at POLYCON 11, the
      World Polyamory Association's annual Polyamory and Tantra Conference at
      Harbin Hot Springs California (2 hours north of S.F., July 29 -31. The
      photo above's a scene from one of Evalena's puja ceremonies, like that
      she'll lead at Harbin PolyCon 11.

      Polys, poly-friendlies, and poly-curious enjoy exclusive use of clothing
      optional, sexual free Conference Center area, to enjoy Evalena's
      guidance and wisdom, as well as playshops with Susan Campbell, the
      Lessins, Dave Doleshal who guide and support us as we expand or
      contemplate expanding our love and loving.

      Tantra for the Polyamorous, poly vetting, pair dating, trial triading,
      help in loving more, jealousy resolution workshops, poly activism, group
      tantra, panel discussions, guided encountering, Susan Campbell's
      encounter game, cuddle partying, resolution of sour-bonding patterns,
      compassionate communication practice, hot music, a poly-tantric ritual
      puja led by Evalena, and a culminating party are all yours to share.

      Attendees have exclusive access to two huge watsu pools.

      Harbin's caterers cook great meals–vegan or non-vegan as you choose.

      You can camp, sleep in your R.V. or the carpeted group rooms. Sign up
      now for significant discounts. See
      <http://www.worldpolyamoryassociation.com/> or call World Polyamory
      Association at 808 244-4103 for costs. Some partial scholarships are