Polyamory Conference in Berkeley, Calif, Feb 16

  • saturniaregna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hello,

      We are having a Polyamory Conference here in Berkeley, California, on the
      campus of the University of California, February 15-17, 2013.

      This will include a fun and informative series of educational, social and
      experiental presentations of interest to anyone into polyamory, open
      relationships and other forms of consensual nonmonogamy. (We have a conference
      every summer in the Bay area, but THAT one is very expensive and happens far
      away from inhabited regions. However, in contrast, THIS low-cost EVENT is
      happening right here in the suburbs).

      Since this event happens in the conservative environment of the UC Berkeley
      campus, we have to keep things a little more tame than normal. For instance,
      this is NOT a clothing optional environment. There are no ponds, hot springs or
      pools of heated water. So obviously we can't be having people engaging in group
      fornication and orgies on the floor like we would if we were doing this at
      Harbin Hot Springs, but it will nevertheless all be great fun.

      https://sites.google.com/site/iapc2013homepage/home

      Notice the Social/Educational/Experiental track of presentations is labelled as
      Track 2B (SATURDAY, FEB 16), happening in parallel with but separate from all
      the Scientific/Academic Presentations.

      Most of the presenter spots have been spoken for, but we are still reworking
      the schedule, and a few more may still be added. The order of presentations is
      still being reshuffled. I had someone scheduled to do a presentation/workshop on
      compersion, but they apear to have chickened out. Any volunteers for that spot?

      In addition to all this, we are having several additional affiliated events.
      For instance, there is a Friday Evening session (Feb 15) which is specifically
      intended for health professionals and mental health workers and others
      interested in psychological issues related to polyamory and consensual
      nonmonogamy.

      Saturday evening after the actual conference we are having the Grand Polyamorous
      Lupercalia Party, held at the same site. Admission to this party is $20, but
      anyone who is registered for the actual conference may attend the party for no
      additional charge.

      In addition, there is a special Feb 17 (Sunday) session devoted entirely to
      presentations and discussion of polyactivism and political issues.

      Although these are technically separate events, anyone who registers for any
      session of the conference is allow to attend any of the presentations they wish.

      https://sites.google.com/site/iapc2013homepage/home

      If you wish to register, have an interest in presenting, or have further
      questions, contact me at:

      dr_dave_doleshal@...

      Regards,

      Dave