Graphics manager

  • quasarbas
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      I have to make my complements to the makers of this liveCD. It's a
      great distr. Being new to Linux I have a question? Does iceWM also
      have a graphics-manager like kcontrol in kde. So I can configur the
      graphical interface, like making icons to mount hd-partitions, change
      the wallpaper and so on?

      Thanks!
    • Charles, Fan Yau Woon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004
        hi quasarbas

        I think you could take a look at this FAQ at http://www.icewm.org/

        9.6 Can I have icons on the desktop?

        Sure, but not from IceWM. Again, this is desktop environment work, but usually done by the respective file managers, since they already know about MIME types, file endings and such. IceWM users usually use idesk, dfm, rox, kfm or gmc, where idesk, dfm and rox are better suited for work on smaller (older) machines than the other two.

        *you could find more information here:

        Documentation

        There you can find almost everything you need to know:

        Best regards,

        Charles Fan

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004

          Hi everyone,

          actually I was more looking forward to something from "building a Pollix user guide / remaster guide" to  "create a transplan package" from harddisk install to transplan pollix into a universal Java Utility installer (since everything Java tools runs anywhere, everywhere)

          (so we could move all java packages from the /opt/ folders to any OS as we like)

          do you guys thing this is possible :)

          there is an icewn availabe for windows here  (which requires cygwin)

          http://www.fredlwm.hpg.ig.com.br/cygwin/icewm/

          :)

          best regards,

          Charles Fan.

          Do You Yahoo!?
        • Kendrew Lau
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2004
            Hi,

            Note that at least the linux version of J2SDK and
            Eclipse do not work in Windows.

            Regards,
            Kendrew

            --- "Charles, Fan Yau Woon" <fanyauwoon@...>