Problem with running webapp under Tomcat

  • trimtosize
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2005
      Hi to all,

      First I want to alert that this procedure works OK under Windows.

      Here is the problem.
      I have copyed my webapp into /KNOPPIX/tmp directory, so now it
      contains one file and one directory:
      /MyWebApp
      mywebapp.xml

      The contents of xml file looks like this:
      <Context path="/mywebapp" docBase="/KNOPPIX/tmp/MyWebApp" debug="0"
      reloadable="true"></Context>

      Next, I started Tomcat server, and got into Tomcat Manager app. I
      installed MyWebApp successfully. The only thing I can do is to list
      the contents of MyWebApp directory using:
      http://localhost:8080/mywebapp

      But, this link doesn't work: http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/index.jsp
      I got an 404 error.

      I think it is because Tomcat has to add the copy of the file
      mywebapp.xml into CATALINA_HOME/conf/Context/localhost/ (if I
      remembered correctly the path) but that directory is "read only".
      This works under windows because I have windows installed on my HD.

      Is there any way to overcome this problem?
      Maybe, the problem lies somewhere else.?

      Thanks to everyone.