Fw: [TeNA-Forum] 1946 Development Plan - a 'must read' information

  • ayub mohammed
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Subhash Reddy <sreddy10@...>
      To: Sreeramana Kommareddy (Damodar) <tena-forum@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, 1 May 2013 1:31 AM
      Subject: RE: [TeNA-Forum] 1946 Development Plan - a 'must read' information

      Dear Telanganites,

      I am posting just the News Story
      "World’s Wealthiest Man Has Big Plans Engineer Tells of Projects Under Way in India." for those of you who had difficulty downloading or finding it.

      Subhash Chandra

       CASS CITY CHRONICLE—FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 1946.

      VOLUME 41, NUMBER '30.

      CASS CITY, MICHIGAN, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 1946.

      World’s Wealthiest
      Man Has Big Plans
      Engineer Tells of Projects
      Under Way in India.

      HYDERABAD, INDIA. — Initial
      steps have been taken for a $125,-
      000,000 industrial development in
      this princely state, which encom-
      passes 16,000,000 persons under an
      absolute monarch who, is also the
      world’s richest man.
      From this fabulous city of glitter-
      ing minarets will be directed the
      construction of a vast project as
      modern in conception as the Ten-
      .nessee Valley project in America.
      The project will start with an
      entirely new industrial town costing
      $5,000,000.
      The Godavari river valley development will require five to seven years to complete, says CoL E. W.
      Slaughter, British engineer, who;
      drafted the plan with experts of the
      Nizam’s government.
      Slaughter estimated that approxi-
      mately half the $125,000,000 will
      go toward capital works, including,
      power plants,, railways and the new
      industrial city. This expense would
      be borne by the Nizam’s govern-
      ment.
      Of the remainder, the government expects to invest half the amount in
      industries with private investors
      putting up the balance.
      Colonel Slaughter estimated that
      at its peak the Godavari develop-
      ment will employ another half mil-
      lion persons in industry, and bring
      under more intensive cultivation
      nearly 2,000,000 acres of land.
      A 40,000-kilowatt thermal power
      plant to supply electricity in the
      model city area is expected to ar
      rive shortly.
      , The first of the three dams
      planned for the Godavari should
      provide 150,000 kilowatts, Slaughter
      said. Two other dams will be chief-
      ly for irrigating a 2,000,000-acre
      area.
      New steelworks are expected to
      produce 500,000 tons of high grade
      steel annually at the end of seven
      years. Smelting will be done elec-
      trically.
      The plan also calls -for 650 miles
      of new railway, a paper pulp mill,
      textile mills for cotton and rayon,
      and factories for heavy engineering
      equipment, plastics, furniture—and
      eventually electric gadgets.

      To: TeNA-Forum@yahoogroups.com
      From: k_m_kalyan@...
      Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:18:15 -0400

      Also please see the following link I have worked with local telugu �news paper to get this published in main page so that it goes in public domain�

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 29, 2013, at 6:21 PM, V E velete@...> wrote:

      �

      Go to page 7 and read news 'world wealthiest man plans'
      and share your thoughts with me as a reader.

      Jai Telangana
      Vinod
      0469907958

      You know who dragged us into dust again on December 23 2009.
      Live your life as a 100% Telangana person and restore your 'stolen culture'
      మనవాడెవà±à°µà°¡à±‹ పరాయి వాడెవà±à°µà°¡à±‹ తేలà±à°šà±à°•à±‹à°µà°¾à°²à±à°¸à°¿à°¨ సమయమిది.
      IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE MY EMAILS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO THAT I CAN DELETE YOUR ID.

      11-15-1946.pdf>