Next Year in Jerusalem

  • raja chemayel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009

      One religion , we all know, used to wish to itself,
      to be in Jerusalem....

      So each year , at the new-year's-day
      they  used the slogan :
      Next year in Jerusalem !!

      Since 1967 , my friends and family
      we say the same slogan , ironically.....and with bitterness :
      Next Year in Jerusalem !!

      This year I say :
      Next Year in (the disinfected) Jerusalem !!

      The irony remains that when we were inside Jerusalem
      they were not forbidden to enter in.....
      but now that they are inside Jerusalem ,
      we are completely out of it .
      ( we need a special-permission to spend the Christmas-eve
      with our uncle or aunt ,in Jerusalem , who need a permission
      to add a floor to their existing house....in Jerusalem ,
      and who do not get it  , even )

      If we are terrorists today , it is because we copied them
      and if we were to become , also, supporters of an Apartheid
      it is also because of them.

      Raja Chemayel
      my first in 2009