Re: [Shetubondhon] "No to Hijab": My Response

  • S A Hannan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
      Dear members,

      Assalamu Alaikum.Dr Hasmi is continuing with his Ban to Hijab and Honour killing slogan.

      Honor killing anywhere must be dealt with severely. However no Muslim who understands and believes in Islam can demand ban to Hijab.

      I do not remember a single case where any woman was killed in any country who did not wear Hijab.The present case of Canada is also dubious where as some one has pointed out that the family in question was not wearing hijab , so why should father kill the daughter for this?.Only investigation result  will reveal facts.

      So why mountain is being made out of a mole hill in line with Kamal Pasha, Iranian Shah, Amanullah of Afganistan and French extremist government.

      All nations transmit their religion and culture to future generation through elder generations of the family.This is generally done by persuation as we do in case of salat and siam and and also try as much as possible so that they do not do prohibited acts like lying , cheating .This is natural and necessary.

      This is done by all nations to transmit their values

      He is advising so that Islamists may not come to power, every body else is free in this regard as it appears from the following quote."One may point out in this regard, what was unthinkable one day that “modern, liberal and Westernized” Iran and Afghanistan would ever be under Islamist control– women being forced to wear the Hijab / Burqa / Chador and remain subservient to men – is now a harsh reality in these countries. Leaders, intellectuals, professionals and others were / are collectively responsible for the prevalent intolerance and state of anarchy in these countries. Their indifference and complacency that Islamists would never takeover Iran or Afghanistan paved the way for the Islamist takeover. "

      He is giving a strage logic for hijab ban to the West.He says,

      Quote In sum, if countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia can enforce Hijab wearing by Muslim and non-Muslim women in public places(Condoleezza Rice and Hillary Clinton may be exempted from wearing the Hijab in Saudi Arabia) in the name of their culture and tradition, why on earth countries like Canada, US and Britain should allow this controversial shroud (which is definitely a symbol of inferiority of women) by any woman is beyond me. these countries have every right to impose a ban on Hijab in accordance with their culture and traditions. Those who would not like this restriction have the freedom not to visit these countries or emigrate enmasse to their ancestral homelands in the Middle East, South and Southeast Asia.Unquote

      To prescribe decency or decent dress  in public does not violate fundamental or religious right of any religion or ideology.On the other hand banning hijab for Muslimas , turban for Sikhs , rosary for Christian nuns violate religious rights which is a part of fundamental right.The two can never be same.Even Conloleeza Rice  and Hilary Clinton understand this.

      Shah Abdul Hannan

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
        sahannan@... writes:
        Dear members,

        Assalamu Alaikum.Dr Hasmi is continuing with his Ban to Hijab and Honour killing slogan.

        Honor killing anywhere must be dealt with severely. However no Muslim who understands and believes in Islam can demand ban to Hijab.

        I do not remember a single case where any woman was killed in any country who did not wear Hijab.
        ............There have been 40 plus women killed in and around Basra in the last twelve months for this. I know few people who want to ban the hijab, most want women to have a REAL say in how they dress. That does not mean brainwashing girls into wearing them from a very early age, and ostracising women who choose not to wear them. The real qestion you should be putting is What would happen to women in places like Saudi and Iran if women actually refused to conform to the antiquated dress code ? Of course men could always go around wearing blind folds if they can't trust themselves.

        Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish