Re: [political-research] New Cold War?

  • Vigilius Haufniensis
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      I believe Latin America is the first place where China will focus
      it's attention, due to the need of capital in that region, and the
      fact that several leaders will prefer to commerce with China rather
      than with The United States or Europe (Chavez, Evo Morales and
      probably Lula).
      So, I think this new economic "war" will have Latin America as the
      playground, at least in the first stages, but will surely affect all
      the geopolitical and economic balance in the world.

      VMANN:  well, china needs OIL.  and, considering how much of our debt they have, they could destroy our economy in probably like a month.

      How might The United States and Europe react to this?

      VMANN:  some say we are militarily encircling them.

      As far as I know, they are already reacting, giving support to Latin
      America countries and their presidents (take Argentina for example)
      and once again trying to protect their interest in the region, with
      an effort at all levels never seen since the fall of the U.S.S.R. Of
      course, they don't want to loose that market and, quite important
      too, the passages between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
      I would be glad to hear your opinions, and I point out that all this
      is just an speculation of myself, based purely on what I know and not
      on classified material of any sort.
      I am interested too on Japan's reaction and would be pleased to know
      what do you think about it.

      VMANN:  china is real tight with many of the south american countries.  they dont like us much i dont think, because we have raped them with the WORLD BANK and the IMF.
      vigilius haufniensis