Israel: Beyond Good and Evil? (Raimondo)

  • tim_howells_1000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      Israel: Beyond Good and Evil?
      Ehud Olmert's Nietzschean foreign policy
      by Justin Raimondo

      The viciousness of the Israeli assault on Lebanon is underscored by the IDF's use of cluster bombs against civilian targets. As Jan Egeland, who heads up humanitarian operations for the United Nations, put it:

      "What's shocking – and I would say to me completely immoral – is that 90% of the cluster bomb strikes occurred in the last 72 hours of the conflict, when we knew there would be a resolution. Every day people are maimed, wounded, and are killed by these ordnance."

      As close to a million refugees return to their homes, 100,000 unexploded cluster bombs – most of them dropped by the Israelis in the closing hours of the war – lie in wait for them and their children. Kids often pick up such ordnance because of its resemblance to toys. Such is the sickening legacy of the Israeli aggression, which will continue to deal death long after "peace" is declared.

      ... continued at http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=9636