best political news

  • c.m.parker@usa.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2001
      Check out my comments at
      Political Wire
      http://politicalwire.com
    • moshe@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2001
        I wonder if an one there can help me I am looking for information some who
        was with the Belgium office he some top leave job at the UN in the 1960 I
        do not have the in front of me know if that would help I we'll post it .
        But question for now is how do I find at about people who work in the UN.
        thank you for any help.
        moshe
      • marc furstenberg
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2001
          It might sound rude to ask moshe to please transcribe
          his request into english but it would be easier to
          know what he wanted to know and therefore to give him
          an answer.

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • moshe@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2001
            It does sound rude did you by chance think English is not my first language
            did you never hear of give the benefit of the drought. And I did state what
            I wanted. I would like to know how I can find out about some who work at
            the UN in the 1906 who was from Belgium? thank you .
            moshe

            At 09:51 PM 8/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
            >It might sound rude to ask moshe to please transcribe
            >his request into english but it would be easier to
            >know what he wanted to know and therefore to give him
            >an answer.
            >
            >--- moshe@... wrote:
            > > I wonder if an one there can help me I am looking
            > > for information some who
            > > was with the Belgium office he some top leave job at
            > > the UN in the 1960 I
            > > do not have the in front of me know if that would
            > > help I we'll post it .
            > > But question for now is how do I find at about
            > > people who work in the UN.
            > > thank you for any help.
            > > moshe

            >http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            >

            >Main web site address: http://politicalgraveyard.com
            >Prototype address: http://www.potifos.com/TEST-VERSION

          • sandy
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2001
              The UN was organize in 1946

              Alexander Perry Scott

              It does sound rude did you by chance think English is not my first
              language
              did you never hear of give the benefit of the drought. And I did state
              what
              I wanted. I would like to know how I can find out about some who work at

              the UN in the 1906 who was from Belgium? thank you .
              moshe

              At 09:51 PM 8/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
              >It might sound rude to ask moshe to please transcribe
              >his request into english but it would be easier to
              >know what he wanted to know and therefore to give him
              >an answer.
              >
              >--- moshe@... wrote:
              > > I wonder if an one there can help me I am looking
              > > for information some who
              > > was with the Belgium office he some top leave job at
              > > the UN in the 1960 I
              > > do not have the in front of me know if that would
              > > help I we'll post it .
              > > But question for now is how do I find at about
              > > people who work in the UN.
              > > thank you for any help.
              > > moshe

              >Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo!
              Messenger

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Main web site address: http://politicalgraveyard.com
              Prototype address: http://www.potifos.com/TEST-VERSION

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Barbara Wilson
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2001
                I realize that Moshe is asking about 1960 - but this may be starting a
                thread: What predates the League of Nations? Perhaps there was an
                international group of European Monarcys? Did any of our political figures
                participate? Who were our political figures who aorked on, voted for or
                against, etc. the league of nations?

                Will you be listing poiticial figures from other countries who were
                ambassadors here? If so, is the UN here? I believe the actual land that the
                UN sits on is foreign soil.

                Barbara

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2001
                  You're right, I should have given you the benefit of
                  the drought because it was, after all, Thursday.

                  Oh by the way, do you mean 1960 or do you insist on
                  1906? There must have been dozens if not hundreds of
                  Belgians who worked at the UN in 1960 as many Belgians
                  in the army were sent to the Congo in UN drag as
                  "peacekeeper". This was just after the secretary
                  general of the UN Dag Hammerskjold was killed under
                  mysterious circumstances flying into the Congo to
                  solve the civil war in the former Belgian colony. Just
                  what is your question, if not in English then in a
                  language you have mastered? I'm sure one of our
                  readers can translate it.

                  --- moshe@... wrote:
                  > It does sound rude did you by chance think English
                  > is not my first language
                  > did you never hear of give the benefit of the
                  > drought. And I did state what
                  > I wanted. I would like to know how I can find out
                  > about some who work at
                  > the UN in the 1906 who was from Belgium? thank you .
                  > moshe
                  >
                  > At 09:51 PM 8/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
                  > >It might sound rude to ask moshe to please
                  > transcribe
                  > >his request into english but it would be easier to
                  > >know what he wanted to know and therefore to give
                  > him
                  > >an answer.
                  > >
                  > >--- moshe@... wrote:
                  > > > I wonder if an one there can help me I am
                  > looking
                  > > > for information some who
                  > > > was with the Belgium office he some top leave
                  > job at
                  > > > the UN in the 1960 I
                  > > > do not have the in front of me know if that
                  > would
                  > > > help I we'll post it .
                  > > > But question for now is how do I find at about
                  > > > people who work in the UN.
                  > > > thank you for any help.
                  > > > moshe

                  > >Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute
                  > with Yahoo! Messenger
                  > >http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                  > >

                  > >Main web site address:
                  > http://politicalgraveyard.com
                  > >Prototype address:
                  > http://www.potifos.com/TEST-VERSION
                  > political-graveyard@...

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                • Paul W Marino
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                    Okay, I, too, had some problems understanding Moshe's initial question, but
                    I don't think there's any need to be insulting. As Moshe explained, English
                    is a second language to him, and it's clear that he's still learning. So
                    what's the problem? If we're all adults, we should be able to generate a
                    certain amount of respect for someone who is still learning our language.
                    Anyone who's ever studied another language knows it's no walk in the park!
                    And has Marc never heard of a thing called a "typo?" Look at Moshe's
                    original e-mail (below); it says "1960." It doesn't say 1906 until his
                    second e-mail. I think we need to do some growing up here.

                    Moshe, an apology is in order here. If you get one from no one else, you've
                    got one from me.

                    Paul W. Marino

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                      The time period is 1960's he was at the top of the chain for the Belgians
                      the number one or two man I think his Family name was Rabinowitz and I
                      think he lived at the Hotel Ansonuia on 72 St. Dose this help you . and my
                      second language is dislexshuion (spelling) so I am sorry it was hard for
                      you to read it. Thank you for your help
                      moshe

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                        Thank you Paul
                        moshe

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 5, 2001
                          Just a note to say that I fixed the links to the presidential elector
                          pages.

                          I had hoped to have a new version online before now, but since I hadn't, I
                          thought I had better fix this problem.

                          Washtenaw County Commissioner, 4th District
                          Ebay Page, http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/potifos/
                          Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106
                        • marc furstenberg
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 5, 2001
                            My thoughts are that you can either contact the UN
                            Secretariat in New York directly, the Belgian United
                            Nations association (there are these groups in almost
                            every country to promote the UN) or else to contact
                            some veteran journalist who might remember the era.
                            There is (or was) a Marvin Kalb who is now at Harvard.
                            most of the others are dead but you never know because
                            I am constantly stunned by coming across the obit of
                            someone I thought was dead years ago. I think the NBC
                            correspondent at the time was Richard C. Hottelet
                            (spelling). Anyway I don't know which country you are
                            writing from but you could find the UN correspondent
                            from the most important news paper circa 1960 and see
                            if they're still alive and track them down. They
                            should remember someone that important especially
                            considering the Congo crisis.
                            P.S. My spelling sucks too but that's why I got a
                            computor, er computer, in the first place - spel chek!