Howdy Dowdy and Rufus Rose

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2013
       The late Connecticut State Representative Rufus Rose, R-Waterford was the
       puppeteer associated with Howdy Doody the famous puppet  from the 1950s'.
      With the Detriot fiscal crisis the museum that houses him was discussed with selling its holdings.
      However it was determined officially perhaps, that could not be done? Do a search at The New London,
       Conn., Day http://www.theday.com/%c2%a0about it. Other papers may have carried it. There were more than one Howdy
      Doody puppets and I recall one was in a bank in Westerly, R.I., at one time. Both Rep. Rose
      and his wife were involved in puppetry.

      (401)377-4643/Cell: Quick Response Needed (401)450-6230