Re: [political-graveyard] Re: Cause of death

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
      On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM, fieldmarshaldj
      <fieldmarshaldj@...> wrote:

      > There's no attachment in the message. The settings on this board don't permit them.

      Oops, sorry. Here's a link to the file:
      http://politicalgraveyard.com/test/cause-of-death.jpg

      > If "bowel obstruction" is the cause of death, it should be listed. Dying isn't sexy, and
      > usually not always by the most dignified of causes. Still, should endeavor to be as
      > factual about the cause of death as possible.

      That's a good point. However, this specific case is not as simple as
      bowel obstruction.
      I'm hoping that someone else is better at decoding a doctor's
      handwriting than I am.

      Lawrence Kestenbaum, kestenbaum@...
      Washtenaw County Clerk & Register of Deeds, http://ewashtenaw.org
      P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
    • Judith Beckett
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
        It looks like anal fistula (not sure what the first word is), partial bowel obstruction, and possibly (the first diagnosis at the top of the certificate) generalized peritonitis. I was a nurse for 40 years but I don't know what that "V' word before rectal fistula is. A miserable and painful death, poor guy. Judith
        <fieldmarshaldj@...> wrote:

        > There's no attachment in the message. The settings on this board don't permit them.

        Oops, sorry. Here's a link to the file:
        http://politicalgraveyard.com/test/cause-of-death.jpg

        > If "bowel obstruction" is the cause of death, it should be listed. Dying isn't sexy, and
        > usually not always by the most dignified of causes. Still, should endeavor to be as
        > factual about the cause of death as possible.

        That's a good point. However, this specific case is not as simple as
        bowel obstruction.
        I'm hoping that someone else is better at decoding a doctor's
        handwriting than I am.

        Lawrence Kestenbaum, kestenbaum@...
        Washtenaw County Clerk & Register of Deeds, http://ewashtenaw.org
        P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor, MI 48106

      • Gene Phillips
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
          Word #2 & #3 are Rectal Fistula. Can't figure out the first word. Looks like it might be venio.

          As an aside, while I was searching google for medical terms, and ad for a local medical clinic popped up.
          Big Brother Google is watching.

          Gene

          At 11:02 AM 6/2/2013, Lawrence Kestenbaum wrote:
          >On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM, fieldmarshaldj
          ><fieldmarshaldj@...> wrote:
          >
          >> There's no attachment in the message. The settings on this board don't permit them.
          >
          >Oops, sorry. Here's a link to the file:
          >http://politicalgraveyard.com/test/cause-of-death.jpg
          >
          >> If "bowel obstruction" is the cause of death, it should be listed. Dying isn't sexy, and
          >> usually not always by the most dignified of causes. Still, should endeavor to be as
          >> factual about the cause of death as possible.
          >
          >That's a good point. However, this specific case is not as simple as
          >bowel obstruction.
          >I'm hoping that someone else is better at decoding a doctor's
          >handwriting than I am.
          >
          > Larry
          >---
          >Lawrence Kestenbaum, kestenbaum@...
          >Washtenaw County Clerk & Register of Deeds, http://ewashtenaw.org
          >The Political Graveyard, http://politicalgraveyard.com
          >P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor, MI 48106

        • Judy Gafford
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2013
            I have began an Obit WIKI at my job at a local library. I enter the obits I find in my city and I always list the cause of death unless it is a suicide. Our database is from 1908 to present and I will have job security forever just entering them all. LOL I have several databases I use, plus all the printed and filed obits we have from all those years that I continue to add to as well. I try to be a sensitive as I can because I know that if people read them, they do not want gore. I also have several pages of medical terms for our Genealogy Collection. I will check and see what this means if it says. Have a blessed Day, Judy