New RI GOP Chair

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 11:12 AM
       By only one vote Rhode Island Republicans have a new Chairman, of the Rhode Island Republican State Central Committee. It certainly was a controversial election. Close elections are especially difficult. The new Chair is Mark Smiley who was an Alternate Delegate for Romney in Tampa while his competitor and opponent Dr. Daniel Harrop, was a Paul Delegate in Tampa. Harrop was the only candidate backed by the nominating committee to lose his bid for state central committee office. Dr. Harrop has graciously conceded the election after the credentials committee reviewed the vote. While my candidate won the election, I do acknowledge Dr. Harrop's service to the party.
       News coverage check on www.projo.com , www.wpri.com , www.abc6.com , and www.turnto10.com ,. This is not a total listing of Rhode Island news sources but is a good listing.
       I won a town council seat by two votes in 2010 by1503-1501. This was the fifth and last seat for Hopkinton, Rhode Island; Town Council; which is elected at-large. Last year it was fourteen votes.
       Our State Central Committee will be meeting this Tuesday. For this listing, it should note me as a Member of the R.I. Republican State Central Committee. My late father was a member in the 1950's. That is needed to be added to his biographical listing. Although it was not the case years ago, local GOP Chairs are automatically members of the R.I. Republican State Central Committee.
       Through "Bcc:" I am sharing this with a number of people. I hope they check out The Political Graveyard http://politicalgraveyard , without question a favorite of mine on the Internet. Whether they are interested in politics, genealogy or both, I hope they submit information to this this site even better. I also remind them that one can be living or deceased. I am listed and my maternal side the Bill Family is listed under political families. This section needs updating as all are not Bills.
       For their benefit national convention delegates and alternate delegates, candidates for state or federal office whether successful or not can be listed. Locally Mayors can be listed. This is a partial listing of categories.
       Happy Passover to you Larry and others of the Jewish faith. Happy Easter of the Christian tradition.

      (401)377-4643/Cell: Quick Response Needed (401)450-6230