Political Uncertainty On My Race

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2012
       At this point, I do not know if I will be on the 2012-2014 Hopkinton, Rhode Island; Town Council. I am again leading for the fifth and last seat on the at-large elected body. My vote is 1627 to 1625,. Two years ago I won 1503-1501. Election night as I remember I was three votes behind. I expect to know by end of today, if I won or not. A recount can be requested within seven days.
       If elected I will tie another Republican now deceased for the longest serving town council member elected under the Republican label since two year terms went into effect in the mid point of the 20TH Century.
       To keep abreast of this development go to http://www.ri.gov/election/results/2012/general_election/hopkinton/ ,. The Westerly, R.I., Sun www.thewesterlysun.com should have something in today's edition news stories. The Providence, R.I., Journal www.projo.com has my race and other Rhode Island races in it today. The Chariho Times www.charihotimes.com should have something in tomorrow's paper. They have NOT interviewed me.
       CONGRATULATIONS TO LARRY FOR BEING RE-ELECTED COUNTY CLERK/REGISTER OF DEEDS OF WASHTENAW COUNTY, MICHIGAN!

    • Alan Fox
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2012
        Scott -
        Thanks for keeping us posted. I wanted to let everyone know that
        Larry has been reelected Washtenaw County Clerk-Register of Deeds with
        over 68% of the vote. My son, who is a UM student, called me to say
        that he had voted for Larry. I have never had the chance to do that, at
        least not since high school student council days.

        -Alan Fox