Rhode Island Report

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 20, 2012
       Here's some things from Rhode Island Mayor Charles Moreau of Central Falls has resigned. In addition a candidate who lost four previous bids for state representatives defeated former State Senate Majority David Carlin for the Democratic nomination for State Representative. The winning candidate lost multiple bids before winning. Since the winner has no opponent in the general election he is assured of victory in November. Incumbent R.I. State Rep. William SanBento one by one vote that is also like these other two stories in today's The Providence Journal www.projo.com ,.
       You should also check Newport Daily News www.newportdailynews.com and The Pawtucket Times www.pawtuckettimes.com ,.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2014
         Rhode Island Report:
         Check out The Providence Journal http://www.providencejournal.com/  today for former State Senator Patrick McDonald sentenced and the death of former State Senator Richard Burdick Sheffield. Also Governor Chafee gave his combined State of The State and Budget address.  Do search for speech at www.rilin.state.ri.us/CapTV/Pages/default.asp .   Governor Chafee has multiple ancestors as Governors. Likely he is a distant kinsman of mine.

        Note: Please telephone if you need quick reply. Thanks.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 16, 2014
          Hi again try for Capitol TV www.rilin.state.ri.us/CapitolTelevision/Pages/default/.aspx . The Governors speech was last night, when you search. The Providence Journal http://www.providencejournal/ has interesting article in today's edition on our State House. I hope this works. Scott.

          Note: Please telephone if you need quick reply. Thanks.
          Alternate E-Mail: scottbillhirst@...

          Hi!

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2014
            The Political Graveyard:
            Rhode Island News:
            1. Carol Mumford, Republican National Committeewoman recently died. I and many other people will miss her in my party. There is an already an active race to succeed her.
            2. Alfred Cardente, who I met but did not know, a former R.I. State Representative recently died. I knew his late sister Anna and brother-in-law Ralph Macera, the latter couple's son William Macera was a Roman Catholic Priest who eventually became Mayor of Johnston, Rhode Island. I knew the son through my days as a student. His parents through the Grange.
            3. R.I. Democratic Party Chair David Caprio just resigned. He is from an active Democrat family.
             Check The Providence Journal Home or WPRI-TV wpri.com for details on, the latter on the Caprio resignation as well as The Providence Journal most certainly.
             Note to "Bcc:" recipients, The Political Graveyard The Political Graveyard is a biographical database of political figures both living and deceased. I am listed myself. See Bill Family not all are Bills but are related to me in the family listing. This grouping needs updating.

            Ashaway, RI 02804
            (401) 377-4643
            Note: I do not do Internet at home. please use phone number if it cannot wait. For politics, history, genealogy, and organizations use this e-mail for me:  My mail.me account: scottbillhirst@... .  All other e-mails use this Yahoo e-mail or my G-Mail : scottbillhirst@... .Thanks.