Hirst at Republican National Convention

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2012
       If all goes well, I am leaving for the Republican National Convention tomorrow morning and not coming right back until after its over as I will spend a couple of days with a cousin and her husband. I get one guest pass to share as I am an alternate delegate. I have no guest at moment. Our Marriott hotel on Sand Key, Clearwater Beach, Florida; we are sharing with the Virginia delegation.
       Each day starting Monday I will doing commentary for a local radio station WBLQ which is in Westerly, Rhode Island. Check the web site www.wblq.net ,. They will play my remarks during the news. Other local Rhode Island media includes The Westerly Sun www.thewesterlysun.com , The Providence Journal www.projo.com , The Chariho Times, my local weekly www.charihotimes.com ,and Rhode Island www.ripr.org ,.
       When I get there I will see what media locally shows up. The Norwich Bulletin www.norwichbulletin.com had a mention of me the other day. That is a Connecticut paper. The New London Day www.theday.com may also mention me. I am an active Granger in Connecticut.
       This will be my sixth convention. I have never been a delegate but will now be an alternate delegate three times and previously guest three times.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2012
        Scott, that is excellent, and we are all proud of you!

        I hope you will be able to obtain the delegate list again this year.

        Larry

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 26, 2012
          Larry,
           I will try to get extra one.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2012
            Larry,
             Did get several of permanent rolls. Will get one off to you.
             Either autographs or photos of notables so far, not complete list:
            Morgan Brittany,actress
            George Pataki, former N.Y. Governor
            U.S. Rep. Allen West
            Jan Brewer, Arizona Governor
            Former U.S. House Speakers Gingrich and Hastert
            Bob McDonnell, Virginia Governor
            U.S. Rep. Chris Smith, New Jersey
             I taped a short thing for Conan O'Brien last night. Had to sign a release. Airing tonight.

            From: Lawrence Kestenbaum <kestenbaum@...>
            To: political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 1:25 PM